“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” – Galatians 6:2 (ESV)
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay-people to provide on-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister is …
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his or her caregiving gifts.
- A layperson with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality, distinctly Christian care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver for as long as there’s a need.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life – times when we could benefit from care and support. ?Stephen Ministers an provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an incident or disaster
- Many life challenges
“Therefore encourage one another and build up each other.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
What happens when you ask for help from a Stephen Minister?
When you ask for help from a Stephen Minister, one of the leaders will contact you to explain more about Stephen Ministry and what it can mean to you.? If your needs can be best served by a Stephen Minister, you will be matched with someone who will support you through a difficult/stressful time in your life.
For more information, please call the church office at 306-775-1616 or email Pastor Merv Tippe (firstname.lastname@example.org)