Experiencing a Technical Issue?
If you require technical assistance with the functions of Westhill Live, you may contact technical support. Our technicians will do their best to assist you, however, since we are not physically able to examine your system, it is possible we may not be able to help you resolve your issue.
Please note that Support may not be available during the live event due to limited technical resources.
Common Westhill Live Problems
The Video and/or Audio is Choppy
Choppiness may take place because the Internet connection is being used by too many computers and devices, or because you are doing other web-related activities on your computer such as checking email and downloading files. If possible, close all other applications using the Internet.
There is Video but No Audio
If you are receiving a video signal, but no audio, one of the following conditions is present.
- The web browser you are using cannot play the live audio. Switch to a different browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- The device you are using is not equipped to receive live audio. Try a different computer or device.
- Your volume control is turned down or off.
- Your computer or device requires external speakers that are not plugged in.
- The audio is set to mute on the webcast media player. Move your mouse over top of the media player to display the controls. Ensure there is no line across the audio icon in the bottom right corner. If there is, click the icon to restore the audio.
How do I make the video Full Screen?
Depending on the device you are using, clicking or touching on the video will show you an icon that will allow you to make the video full screen. It will look something like:
Click or press and the video will show full screen on your device
The Virtual Foyer is provided using Zoom online meetings. You will be joining using a meeting link (which is accessed by clicking on the Virtual Foyer. This video will help you through the first time setup of Zoom on your device.
Most of the questions we get are from people that are having problems with Interac e-Transfers. In order to complete an e-Transfer you need to be set up by your financial institution for online banking.. This video from Conexus Credit Union provides a good overview of how to complete an e-transfer. Please sent your e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the purpose of your e-transfer. Westhill is set up for automatic deposit, so you won’t be required to provide a security question.